Process: The above is my final presentation for comm 125. It is a portfolio of all of the projects that I have done over the semester. Most of the work was already done, but I did go in and make a few changes in some of my projects. In my Tasteful Typography, I moved my body text closer to my title and brought the repeating design elements below the text. I altered the subtitle bar in my Social Media sample so that my store name was contained in it to allow readers to identify the post with my brand. I then altered my Web Design to remove the tangent created by the body text, realigned the header text so that it wasn’t distorted and added a new picture that was sharper. I also altered the four slides that I picked from the Power Point project. I added greater contrast in my titles by changing the font and I reduced the repeating graphic and placed it further away from the text.
After I made the changes I inserted the images of each project into its own page in a new Power Point presentation. I altered the repeating design bar’s color at the bottom of the page to reflect a color from the image and brought continuity to the project. I then created a cover and closing page for an introduction and closing of the slide show.
Audience and Message: My audience for this project is potential employers and for my family and friends. I wanted my message to show that I have learned a lot from the course and built my skill levels from the ground up to where now I am able to manage these programs.
Critique: I received several critiques from my fellow students through our Facebook page. Susan and Daysi didn’t offer much changes to make and Matt suggested I change the font for more contrast in my titles. I did change the font style and color for my name to make it pop a little more. In the individual slides I decided to stay with the same font and just add a slight shadow to add contrast. I really wanted something simple and consistent for my project. Sister Peterson offered a critique via email to make certain that my headlines and projects were aligned. I rechecked them and verified that they were on the same grid lines for justified right side alignment, so I pretty much left them alone. I did follow a suggestion from one of the video critiques to enlarge my project images, I managed this by lowering my repeating element bar to the very bottom of the page so that I had more room for my projects.
I really enjoyed this class and all of the fun techniques that I learned about visual communication and design. I will have to remember to practice, practice, practice them so that I don’t forget.
Font: Name: Baskerville Old Face – category Oldstyle; Bar titles: Arial Bold – category Sans Serif.